Skype for Windows Phone 8 Preview
Make free Skype to Skype video and voice calls as well as send instant messages to friends and family around the world with this preview of Skype for Windows Phone 8.
**THIS IS A PREVIEW RELEASE, EXPERIENCES ARE NOT YET FINAL**
- See all your Skype contacts in the People Hub and start a conversation with just a tap
- Sign in with your Microsoft Account and IM with your Messenger buddies
- Even when the app is closed, you’ll begin to receive some call and message notifications so you can respond right away (under development)
“NOTE: Some capabilities listed above are work-in-progress and may not function consistently. This includes, but is not limited to: call reliability and the ability to receive incoming calls and chat notifications when outside of the app.”
- Call friends and family with free Skype to Skype voice calls over 3G* or WiFi
- Make free video calls to anyone else on Skype
- Make low cost calls to mobiles and landlines
- Send IMs or group IMs
- Skype for Windows Phone 8 requires Windows Phone 8
- To ensure the best quality experience, Skype for Windows Phone requires a minimum of 512MB of memory
For the best Skype experience, we recommend using an unlimited data plan or a WiFi connection.
Want to know more? Visit Skype for Windows Phone: http://skype.com/go/windowsphone
Got a question? Check Skype’s FAQ page: http://skype.com/go/help.faq.windowsphone
* Operator data charges may apply.
contacts,phone identity,video and still capture,photo, music, and video libraries,microphone,data services,camera,WVGA (480x800),media playback,push notification service,movement and directional senso
coming here for some help because you guys have fixed all my problems in the past. this time my headache is about my pc BSOD. I have been getting BSOD when I have been doing some cpu intensive task. For example today I just had it BS..."
I've been having the same problem that a few have, in that when my Skype webcam box opens my entire PC crashes. The webcam on its own works fine, and I have tried reinstalling Skype, but the problem persists. Is there a driver I need? If so..."